BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's ice hockey team shut out crosstown rival Salem State University, 5-0, on Thursday night in non-conference action at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Jake Simons (Coral Springs, Fla.) highlighted the Gulls' efforts with power play goals in the first and second periods (13:55/7:35), respectively, while Campbell Balk (West Olive, Mich.), Zach Mazur (Lancaster, N.Y.), and Connor Amsley (Carlisle, Pa.) all potted goals of their own in the third to lock up the victory.
Meanwhile, in goal, Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) stopped 27 shots to push his record to 7-2-0 overall on the season (18-10-2 career).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 9-1-0 all-time against Salem State with tonight's win.
- The Gulls have won the last nine meetings in a row.
- Mazur, who had one goal and an assist tonight, currently leads Endicott in assists (8) and points (13).
- Mazur also entered tonight's contest ranked third among all NCAA Division III freshmen in points per game (1.22).
- Amsley and Balk recorded their first career collegiate goals.
- Simons notched his second straight two-goal game (Nichols, W, 5-1, 12/7/19).
- O'Brien posted his first shutout of the season (second career).
Endicott (7-3-0) hosts Colby College on Tuesday, December 31 at 1 PM. Salem State (2-7-2) welcomes Saint Anselm to its campus on Wednesday, January 8 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)