BABSON PARK, Mass. — Tied 2-2 with seven minutes remaining in the second overtime period, Endicott freshman midfielder William Poreda (Duxbury, Mass.) scored the game-winning goal off of an assist from Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) to send the Gulls home with a 3-2 victory over Babson.
Endicott found itself down 1-0 after 45 minutes but scored two straight goals through Arian Pilja (Arlington, Mass.) and Couchot (penalty kick) to take a 2-1 lead.
The Gulls lead lasted up until about 10 minutes left in regulation before the Beavers tied the contest at 2-2 to send the game to overtime.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Poreda received the ball from Couchot and proceeded to chip the Babson goalkeeper to secure the 3-2 Endicott victory.
- Babson was chosen to finish first in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) preseason poll.
- The Beavers had not let up a goal in three straight games before today.
- With the win, the Gulls move to 3-1-0 against NEWMAC opponents this season.
- Poreda was named the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Rookie of The Week on Monday.
- Couchot also registered an assist on Pilja's goal.
Endicott (5-3-1) travels to Curry on Friday, October 4 for a 6:30 PM match. Babson (5-4-1) hosts MIT on Saturday, October 5 at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)