BIDDEFORD, ME. — The Endicott men's soccer team defeated The University of New England, 5-0, Tuesday afternoon at Barbara J. Hazard Field.
The Gulls opened the scoring through Max Robbins (Longmeadow Mass.) who converted a PK to make it 1-0 at 39:08. Robbins then added his second of the game at 41:52 to give Endicott a 2-0 lead going into halftime.
Meanwhile, the second half was more of the same for the Gulls. Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) made it 3-0 Endicott at 54:42, and Brandon Haughton (Hartford, Conn.) notched a goal to give the Gulls a 4-0 lead at 60:46. William Poreda (Duxbury, Mass.) rounded out the Endicott scoring when he made it 5-0, at 77:36.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Tonight marked both Haughton and Robbins first goals of the season.
- With his two goals, tonight Robbins set a new career-high for goals in a game.
- Couchot now has 19 goals in 15 games played.
- Endicott goalkeeper Zach Regulbuto (Somers, Conn.) made four saves registering his eighth clean sheet of the season.
- Couchot registered an assist on the fifth Endicott goal.
Endicott (10-5-2, 5-1-2 CCC) and UNE (7-8-2, 1-6-0 CCC) now await the playoff seeding announcements for the upcoming Commonwealth Coast Conference men's soccer tournament.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)