BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's soccer team took down Wentworth, 3-1, in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament semifinals on Tuesday evening at Hempstead Stadium.
After Wentworth got on the board through Nathan Gosselin (Hudson, N.H.) in the 26th minute, the Gulls responded with two goals in a span of four minutes from senior forward Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) to take a 2-1 lead and seize all momentum in the contest.
Couchot's first goal at 30:06 came off of a long ball into the box from Jon Breed (Atkinson, N.H.) that he let take a high bounce off the turf before calmly heading it into the back of the net over the Leopards' goalkeeper to tie the game at one.
Meanwhile, Couchot buried his second tally at 34:37 off of his own rebound after Max Robbins (Longmeadow, Mass.) and Jesse Martinez (Walpole, Mass.) initiated the tally with a pair of crosses from the right and left sides of the net to find Couchot in the center of the box for the eventual second-chance marker.
The Gulls' insurance goal then came from Alex Vuksta (Hudson, Ohio) in the 63rd minute when he got on the end of an Arian Pilja (Arlington, Mass.) pass and slid the ball home to make it 3-1 and lock up the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With his two goals tonight, Couchot now holds the record for most points in a season with 48.
- Zach Regulbuto (Somers, Conn.) made three saves to move to 12-5-2 on the season
- Gabriel Chaves (Secaucus N.J.) registered the second assist on the Vuksta goal.
- The Gulls are now 3-0-0 in playoff games against Wentworth.
- Endicott will make its third appearance in program history in the CCC championship game.
Endicott (12-5-2) will travel to Salve Regina to play in the CCC Championship game on Saturday, November 9 at 1 PM. Wentworth sees its season end at 10-8-2.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)