NEWPORT, R.I — The No. 2 seeded Endicott men's soccer team travels to No. 1 seeded Salve Regina on Saturday, November 9 for the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) tournament championship game at 1 PM. Here's a preview of Saturday's championship contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The two teams played to a 0-0 tie in their only regular season meeting on September 21.
- This will be Salve's first CCC championship appearance since 2012 (defeated Nichols 2-0), and Endicott's first since 2017 (defeated Gordon 1-0 (OT)
- This will be the first-ever matchup in the CCC Championship between the Gulls and Seahawks.
- Both teams lead the conference in defense, Endicott leads the league in goals-against with two and Salve follows closely behind with five.
- Endicott defeated Wentworth, 3-1, in the CCC semifinals behind two goals from Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio), and a goal from Alex Vuksta (Hudson, Ohio). Salve Regina defeated Nichols 2-1 in their CCC semifinal behind a goal from Rich Ventura (Floral Park, N.Y.), and a late goal from Jacob Guerra (Colchester, Conn.).
The winner of the championship game will receive the bid into the NCAA Division III men's soccer tournament.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)