BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 11 nationally ranked Endicott men's volleyball team defeated Wentworth, 3-0, on Tuesday night in non-conference action at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Jeremy Doski (Sandy Hook, Conn.) highlighted the Gulls with nine kills (.818), a match-high 20 assists, five digs, and two block assists.
Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) also contributed a match-high 11 kills (.368), while Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.), Erich Roman (Glastonbury, Conn.), and Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.) had nine, seven, and six kills, respectively.
Wentworth came out strong in set one building up an 11-7 advantage but after the Gulls took a timeout to regroup, Doski, Roman, Lipton, and Felicetti all fired off kills to help Endicott take a 13-12 lead that was never relinquished.
From there, the Gulls hit a whopping .727 (17 K, 1 E, 22 TA) in set two and closed out set three with a .550 hitting percentage behind 14 kills.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 23-9 all-time against Wentworth.
- The Leopards three-match winning streak versus the Gulls ended tonight.
- During that stretch, Wentworth was ranked No. 5 (twice) and No. 10 nationally.
- Tonight's second set featured 10 ties and three lead changes.
- Both the first and second sets featured ties at 13-13.
- Endicott pulled away in each set with 7-1 and 7-3 runs, respectively.
- The Gulls have won seven matches in a row.
No. 11 Endicott (9-2) hosts Nichols in conference action on Thursday, February 28 at 6 PM. Wentworth (7-4) welcomes Emerson to its campus this Thursday at 7 PM.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)