ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The Endicott club roller hockey team captured its first-ever National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association (NCRHA) Division III national championship on Sunday afternoon with a 5-3 win over California in the title matchup.
The Gulls national title is the first in club varsity history and also the first national championship in the history of the Endicott Athletics and Recreation department.
Meanwhile, in the tournament, Endicott rolled past its competition as the Gulls outscored opponents 51-11 in seven games played.
In those seven contests, Endicott defeated Maryville (7-2), Drexel (6-0), Cal Poly Pomona (9-4) in pool play then followed up those matchups with victories over Ohio State (7-0), Yeshiva (7-0), Cal Poly Pomona (10-2, Final Four) and California (5-3, National Title Game).
Jonathan Waring (Farmington Hills, Mich.) paced the Gulls offensively with 12 goals and 20 assists for 32 points.
Endicott also saw Matt Kaski (Sandwich, Mass.) compile 15 goals and two assists, while Corey Eisenband (Larchmont, N.Y.) had five goals and 14 assists.
Cam Bleck (Lake Forest, Ill.) rounded out the list of offensive highlights with seven goals and six assists.
In goal, Stephen Richetelli (Hamden, Conn.) went 7-0-0 in the tournament behind 93 saves (13.3 per game).
- Endicott ended its season on a nine-game winning streak.
- The Gulls are only in their third year as a program.
- Richetelli recorded three shutouts and also dished out one helper.
- Luke Jorgensen (Pawling, N.Y.) had one goal and six assists.
- Brian Harder (Delmar, N.Y.) added three goals and three assists.
- Warren Asdornvuttikrai (Winchester, Mass.) contributed one goal and five assists.
- Caeden Dillman (Andover, Mass.) notched two goals and three helpers.
- Patrick Roth (Concord, N.H.) registered two goals and three assists.
- Cameron Gillies (South Portland, Maine) had one goal and one assist.
- Kevin Elliott (Plymouth, Mass.) finished with two goals and one assist in the tournament.
- In the coming week, the college looks forward to celebrating the roller hockey teams achievement at an upcoming half-time of a home lacrosse game. Additionally, the team will be honored and will raise the first Club Varsity national championship next fall during Homecoming and Family Weekend festivities at the annual Championship Banner raising and Hall of Fame ceremony.
(Photo credit - Endicott Roller Hockey)