BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team lost to No. 5 nationally ranked Bowdoin College, 79-60, on Saturday evening in non-conference action at MacDonald Gymnasium.
As a team, Endicott shot 37.7-percent from the floor (26-69), 25.0-percent from beyond the arc (5-20), and 60.0-percent (3-5) at the free throw line.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bowdoin is coming off a 2018-19 campaign (31-2 overall, program record for wins) in which it lost in the NCAA Division III National Championship game to undefeated Thomas More (33-0) by a score of 81-67.
- The Polar Bears are ranked No. 5 in the D3hoops.com Top-25 Preseason Poll.
- Bowdoin also received four first place votes in the poll.
- Today's game featured zero ties and one lead change.
- Endicott led by as many as seven points at the 5:34 mark of the first quarter.
- Bowdoin used a 28-22 advantage in points in the paint and an 18-10 differential in bench points in the victory.
Endicott (1-1) will play Williams on Friday, November 22 at 6 PM. Bowdoin (1-0) travels to Southern Maine on Tuesday, November 19 at 5:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)