WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team bested Westfield State University, 77-72, in the Morin Memorial Tournament Consolation Game, hosted by Williams College, on Saturday afternoon.
Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) highlighted the Gulls' efforts with a career-high 22 points (tied) and 11 rebounds in the win.
Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) also contributed 13 points, a career-high 17 rebounds (14 defensive), and seven assists (tied career-high), while Emily St. Thomas (Sterling, Mass.) and Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) added 13 points and 10 points, respectively.
As a team, Endicott shot 46.4-percent (32-for-69) from the field, hauled in a program-record 62 rebounds (16 offensive, 46 defensive), and outscored Westfield State 46-18 in the paint.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's game featured five ties and six lead changes.
- Endicott led for 20:49 in the contest.
- The Gulls trailed by as many as six points on three separate occasions in the third (9:33, 40-43 | 6:40, 46-40 | 4:05, 50-44).
- Endicott's last six-point deficit was answered by a 33-22 run to end the contest and come away with the victory.
- Rogers paced the Gulls during that stretch with a team-high eight points, while St. Thomas registered seven and Olivia Duncan (Essex Junction, Vt.) had six points among seven different scorers (including them).
- Endicott started the fourth quarter with an 8-0 run (9:43-8:13) and held the Owls scoreless for nearly five minutes at one point during crunch time (8:05-4:55).
- For her efforts in this weekend's tournament, Duncan was named to the Morin Memorial All-Tournament Team.
- The Gulls evened up the all-time series at 1-1 with today's victory.
Endicott (2-2) travels to Albertus Magnus on Sunday, December 1 at 4 PM. Westfield State (3-3) also visits Albertus Magnus for its next contest on Wednesday, December 4 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)