BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's basketball team defeated Western New England University, 56-47, on Saturday afternoon in conference action at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) led all scorers with 17 points to go along with a game-high eight rebounds (tied), two steals and an assist.
Meanwhile, Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) stuffed the stat sheet with 14 points, four rebounds, five assists, three blocks, and one steal. Putnam's assist and block totals were both game-highs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott raced out to a 9-0 lead to begin the contest and never trailed the rest of the way.
- The Gulls led by as many as 14 points with 1:55 to play in the third quarter.
- Endicott snapped Western New England's six-game winning streak, which dated back to November 16.
- Western New England was held under 50 points for just the third time this season (1-2 overall).
- Defensively, Endicott locked down Western New England as the Golden Bears shot a season-low 26.2-percent from the field (17-for-65).
- Bresnahan scored all 11 of her points in the first half, while Pratt (13 points) and Putnam (12 points) took over in the second half.
Endicott (3-4, 1-1 CCC) travels to Salve Regina on Tuesday, December 10 at 5:30 PM. Western New England (7-2, 2-1 CCC) hosts Westfield State on Thursday, January 2 at 6 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)