NEWPORT, R.I. – The Endicott women's basketball team defeated Salve Regina, 70-54, on Tuesday night in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at the Rodgers Recreation Center.
Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) highlighed the Gulls' efforts with a game-high/season-high 20 points (7-13 FG, 4-6 3PT, 2-2 FT) to go along with three rebounds and three assists.
As a team, the Gulls shot 45.2-percent from the floor (28-of-62), tied a season-high from beyond the arc with a 50.0-percent showing (7-of-14), and went 63.6-percent at the free throw line (7-for-11).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott took the lead at 7:54 of the first quarter (5-2) on a three-pointer from Putnam and never relinquished its advantage from there on out.
- Putnam paced all scorers in the first quarter with 10 points (3-5 FG, 2-2 3PT, 2-2 FT).
- The Gulls made their first five three-point field goal attempts in a row to start the contest.
- Endicott stormed out to a 44-25 halftime lead behind a 60.7 field goal percentage (17-for-28).
- The Gulls also dominated the paint in the first stanza outscoring Salve Regina 16-6 in the category (26-22 overall).
- After Rogers converted a layup at the 5:30 mark of the second quarter to make it 32-21, Endicott did not allow Salve Regina to bring its lead under 10 points the rest of the way.
- The Gulls led by as many as 29 points at the end of the third quarter (64-35).
- Mariah Chamberlain (Jaffrey, N.H.), Taylor Landry (Andover, Mass.), Brenna Pipe (Franklin, Mass.), Shae Rix (Hooksett, N.H.), and Ali Schiebel (Windham, N.H.) all made their collegiate debuts in tonight's win.
Endicott (4-4, 2-1 CCC) travels to Connecticut College on Sunday, December 29 at 2 PM. Salve Regina (0-9, 0-3 CCC) takes on Franklin on Saturday, December 28 at 12 PM in the Land of Magic Tournament in Daytona, Florida.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)