DUDLEY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team led wire-to-wire in its 96-43 Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) victory over Nichols College on Tuesday night at the Nichols Athletic Center.
Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) paced all scorers with 16 points on 7-of-12 shooting (1-3 3PT, 1-2 FT) to go along with six assists, five rebounds, and four steals.
Shannon Gilbert (Easton, Conn.) also added a season-high 14 points, while Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) and Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) both had 12 apiece to round out the list of double-digit scorers for the Gulls.
In the first quarter, Nichols only brought the game within one possession (7:40, 5-4) once as Endicott raced out to a 22-11 lead and never looked back. The Gulls came out hot in the opening 10 minutes of play behind a 10-for-20 showing from the field in which all of their makes were assisted.
From there, Endicott produced a 42-26 lead at the half and suffocated the Bison defensively in the third quarter by only giving up three points to run away with the eventual victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 26-5 all-time against Nichols.
- The Gulls have won the last nine meetings in a row versus the Bison.
- In the third quarter, Endicott limited Nichols to a season-low three points (1-16 FG, 6.3% | 0-3 3PT | 1-2 FT).
- Prior to today, Nichols season-low in a quarter was four against WPI (11/26/19) and Wellesley (1/4/20).
- Endicott did not allow the Bison to score a point until the 2:51 mark (7:09 elapsed) of the third.
- The Gulls scored a season-high 96 points (previous high 95 vs. Bridgewater State | W, 95-69 on 11/13/19).
- Endicott's 96 points scored tonight ranks tied for second all-time in program history.
- It also marks the first time either Endicott or Nichols have scored 90 or more points in the all-time series.
- The program record for most points scored is 118 against CCNY on November 20, 2005.
- A season-high 14 student-athlete scored in tonight's win for Endicott.
- Morgan Bresnahan (Wilmington, Mass.) notched six points, five rebounds, a career-high/game-high four blocks, and one assist.
- Lexi Gellerman (West Hartford, Conn.) chipped in with five points, eight rebounds, four assists, and a career-high five steals.
Endicott (5-7, 3-1 CCC) hosts Gordon College on Thursday, January 9 at 5:30 PM. Nichols (3-8, 1-2 CCC) welcomes Roger Williams to its campus this Thursday at 5:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)