BEVERLY, Mass. — Behind a career-high 39 save effort from senior goalie Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.), the Endicott women's ice hockey team blanked Williams College, 3-0, on Tuesday night in non-conference action at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Peterson got better as the game went on as the senior netminder made 11 saves in the first, 12 more in the second, and a game-high 16 in the third.
Sullivan opened up the scoring in the first at the 5:29 mark of the period when she roofed home a wrist shot from the high slot for her team-leading seventh tally of the season.
From there, both teams had several scoring chances until Meier potted a rebound off a Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.) shot at 17:32 in the third to make it 2-0.
One minute and one second later, Liberty squashed any chance of a comeback bid by Williams with an empty-net goal (18:33) that she sniped in from Endicott's defensive end.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Both teams were receiving votes in the latest USCHO.com poll entering tonight's matchup.
- Peterson's 39-save performance ranks tied for sixth all-time in a single-game.
- Endicott is now 1-1-0 against Williams, all-time.
- Sullivan won a game-high 11 face-offs.
- Peterson recorded her 10th career shutout (first this season) and registered her first career assist on Liberty's empty-netter.
- The Gulls have won five games in a row.
- Endicott also is 5-0-0 at home in 2019.
Endicott (8-1-0) travels to Stevenson for a pair of games on Saturday, November 7 (7 PM) and Sunday, November 8 (2 PM). Williams (2-3-0) plays UMass Boston in the Codfish Bowls on Saturday, November 30 at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)