BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team scored three power play goals en route to a 4-1 non-conference victory over Hamilton College on Sunday evening at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Courtney Sullivan (North Yarmouth, Maine) led the offense with a pair of power play strikes (1st – 8:17 | 3rd – 3:10), while Lauren Ferraiuolo (North Haven, Conn.) also scored with the extra skater (2nd – 9:36).
Entering today's contest, the Gulls checked in as the No. 1 ranked power play unit among all NCAA Division III women's programs (17-for-52, 32.7%) and second overall in the nation behind Wisconsin (24-for-67, 35.8%).
Meanwhile, Kat Keith (Westwood, Mass.) rounded out the scoring for Endicott with her fourth goal of the season at the 14:18 mark of the second period.
The Gulls also received a stellar performance in goal from Michaela O'Brien (Pembroke, Mass.) as the freshman netminder improved to 3-0-0 overall behind a career-high 48 save effort. Her 48 saves are tied for first all-time in a single-game in program history.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Among all NCAA Divisions, the Gulls rank ahead of the following programs on the power play: Elmira (30.2%), Boston University (30.0%), Franklin Pierce (29.2%), and Adrian (28.6%), to name a few.
- Endicott is 7-0-0 at home this season.
- The Gulls have won nine in a row dating back to November 15, 2019 (4-3 OT win vs. Becker, only win not in regulation).
- Prior to today, Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) stood alone atop the program record books with two 48-save performances (1/16/16 vs. Middlebury | 3/6/19 vs. Plattsburgh St., NCAA Tournament, eventual 2018-19 NCAA Champion).
- The Blue and Green were perfect on the power play (3-for-3) and the penalty kill (4-for-4) for the second and ninth times this season, respectively.
- Endicott is receiving seven votes in the latest USCHO.com Division III Women's Ice Hockey Poll.
Endicott (12-1-0) will host No. 2 nationally ranked Middlebury College on Saturday, January 11 at 3 PM. Hamilton (4-5-0) welcomes Nazareth to its campus on Tuesday, January 7 at 3 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)