BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Endicott women's soccer team fell to Bowdoin College, 2-0, on Tuesday evening in non-conference action at Pickard Field.
Freshman defender Katherine Page (South Berwick, Maine) scored both goals in the contest to extend the Polar Bears' winning streak to four straight matches (9/22-10/1).
Meanwhile, Penny Rocchio (Castleton-on-Hudson, N.Y.) made three stops for her fourth clean sheet of the season.
On the other end, Endicott goalkeeper Kayla Wentworth (Taunton, Mass.) turned away a season-high 10 shots on goal in the loss.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bowdoin has defeated Maine-Farmington (6-0), the University of New England (2-0), Trinity (2-1), and Endicott (2-0) during its four-game winning streak.
- Page netted her first collegiate goal and game-winner at 61:12 when an initial shot by Rachael Peacock (Bronxville, N.Y.) was deflected by an Endicott defender. From there, the ball skipped to the top of the box, where Page stepped into it and drove it under the crossbar for the 1-0 lead.
- The all-important insurance goal for Page and Bowdoin came at 86:15 when Page buried home a rebound after a flurry of shots were blocked by Endicott in the box.
- Wentworth fell one save shy of tying her single-game record (11, Springfield, 9/8/18).
- The Polar Bears earned their first home win of the season today (1-2-1). It also marked their first home contest since September 22.
Endicott (6-4-0) travels to Curry on Saturday, October 5 at 6 PM. Bowdoin (4-4-1) hosts Hamilton this Saturday at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)