BEVERLY, Mass. – The third-seeded Endicott women's tennis team (11-3) will travel to first-seeded Nichols College (11-1) on Saturday to play in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championship at 1 PM. Here's a preview of Saturday's title bout.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Nichols enters Saturday's matchup as the three-time defending conference champion.
- Saturday's matchup will mark the fourth straight meeting in the CCC championship between the two squads and eighth overall since 2011.
- Nichols won the regular-season matchup between the two teams, 6-3.
- Nichols is 7-0 against Endicott in the last seven meetings between the two programs (includes postseason).
- From 2011-2015 Endicott defeated Nichols in the CCC Championship each year (2011, W 5-3 | 2012-14, W 5-1)
The winner of Saturday's matchup will earn the conference's automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament, which will be played in the spring.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)