DUDLEY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball defeated Nichols College, 3-0, by scores of 25-14, 25-14, and 25-13 on Tuesday night in conference action at the Nichols Athletic Center.
Every student-athlete on the Gulls' roster contributed in the win, highlighted by Colleen McAvoy (Coventry, Conn.) who guided the squad with a team-high (tied) five kills on 10 swings (.400). McAvoy also added one assist, two service aces, a dig, and two block assists to her stat line in the victory
In addition to McAvoy, Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) notched five kills, while Krystina Schueler (Trumbull, Conn.), Nicole Winkler (Southborough, Mass.), and Carley Gagnon (Goffstown, N.H.) chipped in with four kills apiece.
Defensively, Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.) led all student-athletes with a match-high 12 digs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-0 all-time against Nichols.
- The Gulls have not dropped a set versus the Bison in those four meetings.
- Kennedy has compiled 10 or more digs in all 14 of Endicott's matches this season.
- Meanwhile, half of Kennedy's digs in tonight's match led directly to kills.
- Endicott improved to 4-1 on the road with tonight's victory.
- The Gulls have won five matches in a row dating back to Saturday, September 14.
- Tonight's match lasted one hour and two minutes.
Endicott (10-4, 1-0 CCC) hosts conference rival Roger Williams on Saturday, September 28 as part of Homecoming and Family Weekend at 2 PM. Nichols (6-5, 0-1 CCC) welcomes Dean College to its campus this Thursday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)