BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team defeated conference foe Salve Regina University, 3-0, on Tuesday night by scores of 25-12, 25-21, and 25-22 at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Amanda Gilbert (Hopkinton, Mass.) guided Endicott in the win with 11 kills, one service ace, four digs, and a block assist.
Meanwhile, Nicole Winkler (Southborough, Mass.) chipped in with nine kills (.412), Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) added eight (.500), and Carley Gagnon (Goffstown, N.H.) finished with seven putaways.
Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) ran the offense via a match-high 35 assists to go along with 12 digs for her team-leading 10th double-double of the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 22-4 all-time against Salve Regina.
- The Gulls have won the last seven meetings in a row, six of them by 3-0 scores.
- Endicott jumped out to an 18-6 lead in set one and never looked back.
- Set two featured a 17-17 tie that the Gulls broke with back-to-back kills from Colleen McAvoy (Coventry, Conn.) and Gagnon, a Salve Regina error, and an ace by Quesnelle for the eventual victory.
- Set three featured a 19-17 deficit for Endicott before Winkler rattled off three straight kills. Winkler's rally was followed by a Gilbert putaway, and a service from Gagnon to put the Gulls ahead 22-19, a lead they never relinquished.
- Kennedy was a perfect 15-for-15 on serve-receive, while six of her digs led directly to kills.
Endicott (13-5, 3-0 CCC) plays Brandeis (1 PM) and host Babson (3 PM) in a tri-match this Saturday. Salve Regina (6-11, 2-2 CCC) hosts Coast Guard on Thursday, October 10 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)