BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball defeated Salve Regina, 3-0, in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament semifinals by scores of 25-9, 25-21, 25-10 on Thursday night in MacDonald Gymnasium.
Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) also added eight kills, four service aces, six digs, and one block assist, while Colleen McAvoy (Coventry, Conn.) had six kills on eight swings (.625), three service aces, and three blocks (one solo) to aid Endicott in the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 23-4 all-time against Salve Regina.
- The Gulls have won the last eight meetings between the two programs, including the last six by 3-0 scores.
- With tonight's win, Endicott punched its ticket to the CCC Championship for the third time in the last four years.
- The Blue and Green are 10-2 at home this season.
- Endicott pushed its winning streak to seven straight matches.
- In set one, the Gulls dominated play out-hitting Salve Regina, .462 (13K, 1E, 26TA) to .000.
- Meanwhile, Endicott's .462 hitting percentage in set one marks the highest percentage the Gulls have hit in a CCC Semifinals match in program history, dating back to 1999.
- In set two, Endicott raced out to a 17-10 advantage and never looked back.
- The Gulls' ran away with set three after Salve Regina took a timeout at 10-4 via a 10-5 spurt to eventually clinch their spot in the CCC Championship.
- Gilbert hit .450 tonight which marks her third contest this season featuring a .450 hitting percentage or better (min. 10 attempts).
- As a team, the Gulls hit .311 in tonight's win. Endicott is 3-0 when it hits .300 or better in a match this season.
- Eight out of 18 of Kennedy's digs led directly to kills (.444), while eight out of 14 of her receptions correlated in kills (.571).
First-seeded Endicott (22-7) will host second-seeded Roger Williams (15-13) in the CCC Championship on Saturday, November 9 at 2 PM. Fourth-seeded Salve Regina saw its 2019 season come to a close at 14-15 overall.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)